Head of Service – UniDesk Shared Service
Permanent £45-55K (subject to experience)
HEFESTIS Managing Director
The UniDesk Head Of Service will lead all aspects of the service and report to the Managing Director/CEO. The position requires integrity, strong personality and ability to demonstrate leadership.
A non exhaustive list of responsibilities:
- Manage the UniDesk-Share team, ensuring all staff are delivering in line with the variable business needs of each member institution, that knowledge sharing is occurring between team members and that each team member takes a fair share of development of relevant tools and templates related to the service.
- Provide full end to end service delivery management to the UniDesk-Share member institutions and be the escalation point for any service queries, issues or complaints.
- Manage the relationship with third parties supplying technical support (UoE, TopDesk etc.) to ensure that the third parties meet the service levels, standards and commitments they have agreed to.
- Co-Ordinate with member institutions the upgrades, new features and development of the service in association with the technical support providers.
- Provide a roadmap, vision and plan for the service which is agreed with the UniDesk-Share steering group (formerly the Board) covering:
- Widening community engagement
- New features/services
- Budgeting (Annual and ongoing budget monitoring)
- Performance metrics (internal and third parties)
- Recruitment of new members, onboarding and engaging them in the UniDesk community
- The post holder must have a detailed knowledge of service delivery and will also have strong gravitas with outstanding communication skills, will be analytical with the ability to pay strong attention to detail.
- must be able to operate and gain respect of staff at all levels within institutions as well as where applicable, with students and other stakeholders.
- Be responsible for the analysis and reporting of the Service ensuring timely identification of themes and emerging issues and making recommendation for action to allow reporting to relevant management and relevant Committees.
- Maintains the documentation, Teams site and other communication ad collaborations assets of the service
- As head of service the post holder will engage across the service as and when required to work with members, employees and third parties to deliver a strong, relevant service to the membership while maintaining a strong healthy working environment within HEFESTIS
- Occasionally HEFESTIS may request the post holder to engage in activities to build new services where they have some are of expertise or an interest in doing so.
- Competitive Salary
- Annual leave: 26 days annual leave plus 14 fixed/floating days per annum
- Benefits: Membership of the company pension scheme, access to the company benefits suite including cycle-to-work scheme, and gym discounts.
How to Apply
Deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 17th December. Applications should be made by forwarding your CV (two pages maximum) with a one page covering letter outlining why you would like to work for HEFESTIS, noting your current salary level and notice period to email@example.com
Interviews will likely be held virtually via Microsoft Teams.
Levels of Responsibility
The following SFIA Skill levels are aligned to this role.
A summary from sfia-online.org can be found here
Service level management: Level 7
Sets strategies for service delivery that support the strategic needs of the client
organisation. Authorises allocation of resources for monitoring service delivery
arrangements. Provides leadership within the industry on the identification of future
trends. Develops relationships with customers at the highest level to identify potential
areas of mutual commercial interest for future development. Maintains an overview
of the contribution of service delivery arrangements to organisational success.
Strategic planning: Level 5
Collates information and creates reports and insights to support strategy
management processes. Ensures that all stakeholders adhere to the strategic
management approach and timetables. Develops and communicates plans to drive
forward the strategy. Contributes to the development of policies, standards and
guidelines for strategy development and planning.